Friday, September 14, 2012

My proposal story

Mon's proposal happened on May 29, 2012 --- our second year anniversary. I really wasn't expecting anything special to happen that day because although i know that he will still propose (despite the fact that we are already preparing for the wedding), I didn't expect it to happen so soon... and so grandly... and so publicly. To be completely honest, i have fantasized thought about it months ago but I didn't want to get my hopes up so every time I think of him proposing on our anniversary I pushed the thought away until such time when I totally forgot about it.

I was expecting to receive flowers that day since he gave me a killer bouquet last Valentine's Day, akala ko major kakabugin niya ang 2 dozens of tulips nung Valentine's! But no, what I got was so much more than I expected and hoped. It was sweet, really.

I received lots of little gifts that day. Sweet, thoughtful gifts that reminded me of our early beginnings. He oh-so-carefully chose gifts based on my hobbies, interests, and our bonding moments. In fairness, pinag-isipan niya talaga. Effort kung effort!

Ecka, Lynne, Faith, and Leslie, a.k.a. "Mon's Angels". Mon made them deliver his gifts at different times throughout the day. You know how many I received? Twelve! as in maya't-maya meron. Exciting!

I had a work-related meeting at around 5:20 pm and got back to my work area at 5:40. Received a text from Mon saying that he was going to be late so I took my sweet time fixing my stuff and talking to my officemates about the gifts I received and what we're going to do later, where we're dating, la di da... when i turned around, there he was on his knees, holding a little red box.


Mon: since magpapakasal na naman tayo, ang question ko na lang is -- will you spend the rest of your life with me?

YES, Honey, i am more than willing to spend the rest of my life with you.
I LOVE YOU. <3

photo (5)
Mr. Raymond Santos and soon-to-be Mrs. Jen Santos
Anniversary-slash-Engagement Dinner
Chateau 1771, Greenbelt 5

No comments:

Post a Comment