Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Age is nothing but a state of mind

Personally, at this moment, I have no idea how old I am... I do remember a few milestone birthdays -- you know, 18, 21, 40... But in my head, nothing has ever changed. I keep wondering when everyone is going to catch on to the fact that for the last thirty years I've been masquerading as an adult... Perhaps we are, like the old saying goes, "only as old as we feel." In that case, I'll stay lost in my bewilderment... 'cause really, life is what we make it, and age is nothing but a state of mind.
- Suzy Toronto 

My sentiments exactly. Except I have to change 40 to 30 and thirty to.. twelve? Modesty aside, there is not one single person I've met who does not get surprised that I'm already past 30 and that I have a husband and a son. Good genes? Pwede. A very happy and problem-free life? Naah, hindi rin! Sa totoo lang I think it's really just my state of mind. I'm not childish, but I certainly don't think that I have to act a certain way just to prove that I'm "adult". As in I don't repress myself from being "galawgaw", singing out loud (sometimes even in public), and dancing (again, sometimes even in public) when I feel like it! Why would I? That's me! It's great to be old because of the wisdom the years bring. Like, over the years I've learned not to care about what other people think of me because I've also learned that what they think (good or bad) just really reflects the kind of person that they are. I say, life is too short to take things too seriously. Sing, dance, laugh out loud... celebrate life! Be young at heart, always, always!

So tara, let's sing! Sabi nga nila, 30 is the new 20, 'di ba? I'm turning 32 in a few months so I'm gonna sing this at the top of my lungs! 

1 comment:

  1. Let's have a day out! We will stay (and look) like we are forever 21 + 1!

    ReplyDelete